Sundance Mountain Resort: Our Story Begins Here
- #1 Resort in Utah by Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards
- Certificate of Excellence, 2016 – TripAdvisor
- Best of State 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 – Best Vacation Resort.
- Ranked 30th in Travel+Leisure’s World’s Best List 2014.
- Conde Nast Traveler Top 100 Readers Choice Awards 2013.
- Best of State 2002-2014 – The Tree Room – American Artisan; 2010 BOSS Award, Best Overall Restaurant in Utah.
- Top 10 Green Spas in 2013 by Organic Spa Magazine – April 2013.
- The Spa at Sundance was named a top-5 winner in Spa magazine’s 2011 Silver Sage Readers’ Choice.
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked #18 in Travel+Leisure’s list of top 50 U.S. Resorts on the 2011 World’s Best list.
- The Spa at Sundance was ranked 71st out of the Top 250 Spas in the U.S., Canada, Central America, the Caribbean, and at Sea in Conde Nast Traveler (June 2011).
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked #8 for Top 50 Ski Hotels and #19 for Top 20 Ski Resorts in North America on the Conde Nast Traveler’s December 2010 issue.
- Best of State 2010 – Best Day Spa.
- Conde Nast Traveler lists Sundance Mountain Resort among the Top 10 of the Top 50 Best Ski Hotels in the U.S. & Canada in their December 2009 issue.
- Conde Nast Traveler ranks Sundance Mountain Resort 27th among the Top 75 Mainland U.S. Resorts in their November 2009 issue.
- Listed in Conde Nast Traveler’s Fifteenth Annual Gold List in the January 2009 issue.
- Ranked ninth in Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 50 2008 Best Places to Ski and Stay.
- Forbes 4 Star Rating – Tree Room.
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence – Tree Room.
- Best of State 2008-2013 – Zoom in Park City – American Continental.
- Best of State 2010-2012 – The Foundry Grill: 2010-2012 – Casual Dining – Brunch.
- Fodor’s Travel – Summer’s 10 Best Outdoor Theater Experiences
- Top 20 Honeymoon Destinations in America by Bride Magazine – June 2012.
- 2012 Best of State award for Bridal/Wedding Services.
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked 9th at 82.2% in the 2011 Ski Area Citizen’s Coalition Ski Area Report Card.
- Sundance listed number 5 in the Ski Area Citizens’ Coalition for environmental stewardship (2009/2010 season).
- Sundance Mountain Resort receives the 2009 Sequoia Green Business Award fromUtah Business Magazine. The Sequoia award honors businesses that have matured into a completely green business in practice and purpose.
- 2009 SpaFinder Readers’ Choice Award, the Spa at Sundance ranked among the Top 10 for Best Environmental Practices.
- Sundance Mountain Resort recognized for its environmental efforts –
- Ueberroth Family Foundation donates $5000 to charity on behalf of Sundance Mountain Resort in recognition of the GIFTTS Award the resort received from the Preferred Hotel Group.
- Sundance receives honorable mention by Ski Magazine for “Best Green Development” (2008).
- Sundance Mountain Resort is ranked in the top 10 Green Resorts by the Ski Area Coalition.
- Received the Reed Smoot Environmental Award 2004 from the Provo Orem Chamber of Commerce.
Recent Press about Sundance Mountain Resort
Voices from the River: The movie that changed fly fishing
Top Resorts in the West: Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
Sundance Harvest Market invites all to the mountains
The Top 6 Independent Hotels For A Winter Vacation
What’s New At Utah Ski Resorts For The 2017-18 Season
Change of scene: ‘Joseph’ musical goes Western at Sundance Summer Theatre
Weekend best bets: 5 events to soak up the last weekend in July
Live Drama in Robert Redford’s Backyard
Bluebird Cafe kicks of 25th Anniversary Year
Summer Fun at Utah Ski Resorts
12 Utah Restaurants With The Most Amazing Outdoor Patios You’ll Love To Lounge On
Donny Osmond explains how he keeps the romance alive
Real Weddings: Romantic Ranch Life Sundance Mountain Resort
North American 5 Star Getaways
A walk on the cozy side, snowshoeing at Sundance Mountain Resort
UDOT avalanche team protects motorists from wintery catastrophes
Off The Grid: The Cyclical Nature of Cool
Sundance Press Releases
Sundance is proud to be partnered with Summit Sotheby’s to provide experienced real estate information and assistance in and surrounding Sundance Mountain Resort. Please visit Summit Sotheby’s Sundance Resort Real Estate website for more information, or contact Kerry Oman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.369.2507.
Sundance, the place, has given birth to a variety of powerful businesses all sharing the same core philosophy. Born of independent thought and creative execution, today the Sundance name represents innovation and change in all its manifestations. From the Sundance Preserve, Sundance Institute, Sundance Resort, Sundance Channel to the Sundance Catalog, the Sundance ventures touch millions of people every day.
Sundance Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
SundanceTV is a cable television network devoted to airing independent feature films, world cinema, documentaries, short films, and original programs, such as news about the latest developments from each year’s Sundance Film Festival. All are shown uncut and without commercials.
When Sundance was first established in 1969, there was a tiny store (the General Store) at the base of the resort which guests would frequently write to, requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance. Twenty years passed and requests for the store’s unique offerings spread beyond the box canyon. People who had visited Sundance began to write back to the store from all over the country: “Do you have any more of that item, and could I get it sent to me?” and people they knew wrote, “I saw an item my friend purchased at Sundance. Would it be possible for me to buy one?”
Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance’s unique items available to a wider audience. It started small. Four employees working from the old Sundance Resort firehouse put together the first Sundance Catalog, which mailed in the fall of 1989 to a relatively small group of General Store customers and friends.
Balancing the Triangle of Art, Commerce, and Environment
The concept of Sundance Cinemas defines and enriches the specialized exhibition business by raising the bar with exciting facilities that feature excellent presentation, upscale amenities, and value added customer services, all in a comfortable environment. We offer the best films in the marketplace for a discerning audience. In addition, Sundance Cinemas provides special event programming, educational programs, and other local events that make our facilities an important part of the fabric of its community.