1. Make a Plan
- Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use.
- Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
- Always warm up first and be aware that conditions can change from day to day and throughout the day.
- Roll through the park to test conditions before you hit any features.
2. Look Before You Leap
- Scope around the jumps first, not over them.
- Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
3. Easy Style It
- Know your limits and ski and ride within your limits.
- Start small and work your way up.
4. Respect Gets Respect
- Respect the terrain and others.
- Clear landing if you fall.
- Only 1 rider on a feature at a time.
5. Don’t Go If You Don’t Know
- Know before you go
- Always stay in control.
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs and warnings and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely.
The Sundance Terrain Park is located on the mountain and has exciting freestyle features and terrain for every level of skier and snowboarder. The terrain park is accessible from the Outlaw Trail Run.
Before you hit the Terrain Park, remember to review the safety guidelines above.