Sundance Ski Team
At a minimum, skiers must be aggressive and confident on most terrain. Skiers should be comfortable skiing fast and wanting to go faster on “blue” terrain. Participants should have a parallel turn initiation with a pole plant.
- New athletes must be able to ski all runs at Sundance with confidence.
- Athletes must be 6 by December 31st.
- Athletes ages 6-8 must be competent skiers and able to handle a full 8 hour day of skiing and activities (or 3 half days during the week). Otherwise, we offer the Mavericks Team, a learn to race program for younger athletes.
- All athletes joining the team must be able to make parallel turns on moderate groomed runs (no snowplow).
Please Contact Head Coach Tyson Henrie
Date: Thursday, November 3
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
Location: Sundance Mountain Resort
This meeting is for all members and parents currently registered for the 2016/17 Season.
First Saturday that Sundance is open till the last Saturday in March.
Mavericks Team: Ages 5-7 Learn to Race Program – $600
Mavericks train Saturdays from 8:10am-Noon, and Wednesday from 4:30-6:30pm
- 2 Training Days per Week: $1,200
- 3 Training Days per Week: $1,800
- 4 Training Days per Week: $2,900 (For this group, training starts November 25th and ends April 15th and includes the 5 day Christmas Camp)
- Christmas Camp: Ski Team Members Only – $300
Athletes can choose from any of the following training days
- Saturday – 8:10-3:30
- Wednesday Night – 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday Afternoon – 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Friday Afternoon – 12:30pm-4:30pm
The philosophy of the Sundance Ski Team is to promote a love for the sport of skiing and outdoor activities, improve technical skiing skills and provide a competitive experience for those who choose to compete. We will provide a ski program for all athletes to experience, learn and enjoy skiing in all of its forms.
Setting and achieving attainable goals within or outside of skiing is important. We plan to help our athletes realize their own dreams, to encourage them to set high goals for themselves and to develop the self-confidence, skills and determination to achieve those dreams
We feel that every individual on this team will contribute something valuable in the process of achieving our goals. Parents, athletes and coaches will create an amazing program in which anyone and everyone will enjoy the experience and rush of ski racing. The benefit of this experience relies heavily on what is put into it.
No matter your goal, we are prepared to help you reach it. Elite level racers, big mountain skiers and park skiers have all benefited from the experience on the Sundance Ski Team. Fast progress, creative coaches, and competitive athletes will fuel your desire to get better. Racing is the best way to get better and faster. Our simple formula – freeskiing, powder, jumps and creative challenges mixed with a phenomenal training hill – equals an experience not found elsewhere.
Please email Coach Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist.