Sundance Snowboard Team
Head Coach – Jordan Mower
2016 – 2017 Parent & Coaches Meeting
To Be Determined. Please check back.
If you have questions about the meeting or are unable to attend, you can send an email to our Head Coach Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Ski School office at 801.319.5928
As a minimum, riders must be aggressive and confident on most terrain. Riders should be comfortable on “blue” terrain and wanting to start riding “black” terrain. Participants should also have a desire to ride small to medium terrain features.
Athletes must currently be 10 years or older, or pass a skills test.
Athletes must be a Team Utah Member (for insurance coverage). Membership dues are included in team fee.
(Exchange dates or locations are subject to change)
- Jan 5 First Day of Training, Sundance
- Jan 12 Training, Assessing, Sundance
- Jan 19 Training, Personal Goals, Sundance
- Jan 23 Night Training Session, Sundance
- Jan 26 Training, Efficient Riding, Sundance
- Feb 2 Training, All Mountain Riding, Sundance
- Feb 9 Training, Park Riding and Safety, Sundance
- Feb 13 Night Training Session, Sundance
- Feb 16 President’s Day Weekend, Off Day
- Feb 23 Exchange Day, Location TBA
- Mar 2 Jackson Hole, Dick’s Ditch Classic (2 day event), or exchange day (Eagle Point)
- Mar 9 Training, Banked Slalom focus, Sundance
- Mar 16 Sundance Banked Slalom
- Mar 23 Training Wrap up, Team BBQ, Sundance
Other Details and Opportunities
- COST: TBA + Season Pass (team members will receive the early season price on their Pass).
- Team cost includes all coaching fees, Team Utah membership and registration for the Sundance Banked Slalom March 16
- Included in the 11 Saturdays will be 1-2 exchange dates where the team will train and experience other resorts
- The team will have access to the Utah Winter Sports Park for some optional fun night training
- If interested, team members will have the opportunity to compete in other local competitions
- Parents are responsible for the transporting riders to and from competitions
- Also includes a Team Utah t-shirt
Costs Not Included in Fees
Sundance Season Pass (team members will be given the early season price)
Competition related expenses
Information Email Jordan at Teamutah.email@example.com
Registration Contact the Sundance Snowsports Office at 801.223.4140
The Sundance Snowboard Team is a developmental program working in conjunction with the statewide team of “Team Utah”. The Sundance team is designed to teach young athletes the fundamentals of freeriding and freestyle at a competition level. A portion of training time will be in the Sundance Terrain Park, the other training time will be spent riding different sections of the mountain. Athletes will ride and train on moderate and advanced terrain to learn the essentials and build confidence. More challenging terrain and features will be used strategically to help the athletes boost their skill level and develop their comfort zones.