Sundance Mountain Resort: Our Story Begins Here
- Certificate of Excellence, 2016 – TripAdvisor
- Best of State 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 – Best Vacation Resort.
- Ranked 30th in Travel+Leisure’s World’s Best List 2014.
- Conde Nast Traveler Top 100 Readers Choice Awards 2013.
- Best of State 2002-2014 – The Tree Room – American Artisan; 2010 BOSS Award, Best Overall Restaurant in Utah.
- Top 10 Green Spas in 2013 by Organic Spa Magazine – April 2013.
- The Spa at Sundance was named a top-5 winner in Spa magazine’s 2011 Silver Sage Readers’ Choice.
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked #18 in Travel+Leisure’s list of top 50 U.S. Resorts on the 2011 World’s Best list.
- The Spa at Sundance was ranked 71st out of the Top 250 Spas in the U.S., Canada, Central America, the Caribbean, and at Sea in Conde Nast Traveler (June 2011).
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked #8 for Top 50 Ski Hotels and #19 for Top 20 Ski Resorts in North America on the Conde Nast Traveler’s December 2010 issue.
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked 58th out of 100 in Conde Nast Traveler’s Annual Reader’s Poll, November 2010. Sundance has consistently been ranked on this readers poll over the last 10 years.
- Best of State 2010 – Best Day Spa.
- Conde Nast Traveler lists Sundance Mountain Resort among the Top 10 of the Top 50 Best Ski Hotels in the U.S. & Canada in their December 2009 issue.
- Conde Nast Traveler ranks Sundance Mountain Resort 27th among the Top 75 Mainland U.S. Resorts in their November 2009 issue.
- Listed in Conde Nast Traveler’s Fifteenth Annual Gold List in the January 2009 issue.
- Ranked ninth in Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 50 2008 Best Places to Ski and Stay.
- Listed in the 2008 National Geographic Stay List.
- 2007 Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Poll – Sundance Mountain Resort ranked 2nd in Top 50 U.S. Mainland Resorts.
- Travel+Leisure, Jan. 2007, Top 500 Hotels in the World.
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List, January 2006
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 100 Readers Choice Awards 2005. Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked 6th for U.S. Resorts and 88th for the Best of the Best Resorts in the World.
- Sundance was named to Travel+Leisure’s 2005 annual Greatest Hotels and Resorts in the World.
- October 2004, Travel+Leisure Family named Sundance one of the top 50 Family Resorts.
- August 2004, Travel+Leisure named Sundance one of the World’s Best Top 100 Resorts
- Forbes 2004 List of Top 10 Coolest Resorts
- Conde Nast Traveler readers voted Sundance one of the top 75 resorts in all of North America, 2003. Sundance also received the best service rating in its history from Conde Nast.
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Gold’s List Awards for Top 100 World’s Best Places to Stay, Top Hotels, Resorts and Cruise Lines” 1998, 1999, 2002.
- Forbes 4 Star Rating – Tree Room.
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence – Tree Room.
- Best of State 2008-2013 – Zoom in Park City – American Continental.
- Best of State 2010-2012 – The Foundry Grill: 2010-2012 – Casual Dining – Brunch.
- Tree Room Received Wine Spectator’s 2009 Award of Excellence.
- Tree Room receives a top ranking in the 2008 Zagat survey.
- 2008 Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List, Ranked 2nd Best of Food.
- Zagat’s Survey 2005-2007 America’s Top Restaurants, The Tree Room received a 27 rating, which is defined as extraordinary to perfection. No. 1 rating for food among Utah restaurants. Along with high scores, Zagat’s said the (Tree Room) “will make you weep with joy.”
- Fodor’s Travel – Summer’s 10 Best Outdoor Theater Experiences
- Smart Meeting Platinum Award 2007-2013.
- Top 20 Honeymoon Destinations in America by Bride Magazine – June 2012.
- 2012 Best of State award for Bridal/Wedding Services.
- Sundance Mountain Resort was ranked 9th at 82.2% in the 2011 Ski Area Citizen’s Coalition Ski Area Report Card.
- Sundance listed number 5 in the Ski Area Citizens’ Coalition for environmental stewardship (2009/2010 season).
- Sundance Mountain Resort receives the 2009 Sequoia Green Business Award fromUtah Business Magazine. The Sequoia award honors businesses that have matured into a completely green business in practice and purpose.
- 2009 SpaFinder Readers’ Choice Award, the Spa at Sundance ranked among the Top 10 for Best Environmental Practices.
- Sundance Mountain Resort recognized for its environmental efforts –
- Ueberroth Family Foundation donates $5000 to charity on behalf of Sundance Mountain Resort in recognition of the GIFTTS Award the resort received from the Preferred Hotel Group.
- Sundance listed number 3 in the Ski Area Citizens’ Coalition for environmental stewardship (2008/2009 season).
- Sundance receives honorable mention by Ski Magazine for “Best Green Development” (2008).
- Sundance listed number 4 in the Ski Area Citizens’ Coalition for environmental stewardship (2007/2008 season).
- 2000 Achievement Award in Pollution Prevention presented by the Utah Pollution Prevention Association for recycling in the glassworks studio (November 2001).
- Sundance Mountain Resort is ranked in the top 10 Green Resorts by the Ski Area Coalition.
- Received the Reed Smoot Environmental Award 2004 from the Provo Orem Chamber of Commerce.
- Presented the Family Resort of the Year Award by Golden Ski Awards, presented by the editors and contributors of The Good Skiing & Snowboarding Guide 2003 for resorts and amenities that have provided an outstanding level of service to visiting skiers and snowboarders over the 2001-2002 season.
- Sundance was chosen number 8 in the top 20 listing of U.S. resorts in Travel+Leisure, October 2004 issue. The listing was part of the magazines listing of poll winners of the Travel+Leisure Family Top 50 family friendly resorts in the Continental U.S., Canada, Hawaii, Mexico, Central and South America.
Recent Press about Sundance Mountain Resort
6/15/16, Herald Extra, Sundance Kids Camp gets kids into nature
6/15/16, City Weekly, Sundance Summer: A seasonal visit to the timeless Tree Room and Foundry Grill
6/2/16, Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Ski Resorts Had Record Winter Visitation
6/2/16 Architectural Digest, AD Visits Robert Redford’s Sundance
5/25/16 SkiUtah, Utah’s 2016 Summer Concerts
5/5/16 Utah Valley 360, Donny and Debbie Osmond Recreate ‘First-Kiss Photo’ 40 Years Later
3/18/16 SkiUtah, Utah’s Cutest Resort Professionals
3/18/16 University Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Robert Redford, Da Vicino
3/18/16 Ski Utah, Puppy Lovin’ in Utah
3/16/16 Fly Film Tour, 2016 Fly Fishing Film Tour
3/14/16 About Travel, 2016 Romantic Vacation Travel Packages for Couples in Love
3/11/16 Ski Utah, The Sundance Zip Line
3/11/16 Herald Extra, SCERA sets Star Awards, gala banquet to fete local arts standouts
3/9/16 Ski Utah, Learning to Ski and Ride: Why Multi-Day Lessons Win
3/8/16 Washtington Times, High winds in Utah topple trees, force ski resort closures
3/2/16 Washington Life, Luxury Travel: Skiing Utah, the Redford Way
Sundance Press Releases
Sundance is proud to be partnered with Summit Sotheby’s to provide experienced real estate information and assistance in and surrounding Sundance Mountain Resort. Please visit Summit Sotheby’s Sundance Resort Real Estate website for more information, or contact Kerry Oman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.369.2507.
Sundance, the place, has given birth to a variety of powerful businesses all sharing the same core philosophy. Born of independent thought and creative execution, today the Sundance name represents innovation and change in all its manifestations. From the Sundance Preserve, Sundance Institute, Sundance Resort, Sundance Channel to the Sundance Catalog, the Sundance ventures touch millions of people every day.
Sundance Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
SundanceTV is a cable television network devoted to airing independent feature films, world cinema, documentaries, short films, and original programs, such as news about the latest developments from each year’s Sundance Film Festival. All are shown uncut and without commercials.
When Sundance was first established in 1969, there was a tiny store (the General Store) at the base of the resort which guests would frequently write to, requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance. Twenty years passed and requests for the store’s unique offerings spread beyond the box canyon. People who had visited Sundance began to write back to the store from all over the country: “Do you have any more of that item, and could I get it sent to me?” and people they knew wrote, “I saw an item my friend purchased at Sundance. Would it be possible for me to buy one?”
Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance’s unique items available to a wider audience. It started small. Four employees working from the old Sundance Resort firehouse put together the first Sundance Catalog, which mailed in the fall of 1989 to a relatively small group of General Store customers and friends.
Balancing the Triangle of Art, Commerce, and Environment
The concept of Sundance Cinemas defines and enriches the specialized exhibition business by raising the bar with exciting facilities that feature excellent presentation, upscale amenities, and value added customer services, all in a comfortable environment. We offer the best films in the marketplace for a discerning audience. In addition, Sundance Cinemas provides special event programming, educational programs, and other local events that make our facilities an important part of the fabric of its community.